As well as the general right of access under the Freedom of Information Act, we have an obligation to adopt, implement, operate and maintain a publication scheme based on classes of information defined by the Information Commissioner.
The scheme makes information available to the public as part of our normal business activities. It is designed to inform you about certain types of information that we publish, or intend to publish, under generic information classes.
The information classes are:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- Services provided by the police force
We have adopted the minimum standards laid down by the National Police Chiefs’ Council in respect of each class of information. Please note that the classes of information will not generally include;
- Information that law prevents from being disclosed, is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form,
- Information that is no longer available as it is contained in files
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website gives more information about police publication schemes.
09 Aug 17 1:51 PM