The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) came into force on 1st January 2005 to coincide with the full implementation of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
EIR gives you access rights to environmental information held by the Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire, subject to certain exceptions.
This covers a wide range of information about the state of the natural and built environment. This includes:
- The state of the elements of the environment including air, water, soil, land, flora and fauna.
- Factors such as substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste including emissions.
- Measures including policies, plans and programmes.
- Reports on the implementation of environmental legislation.
- The state of human health and safety.
How to make a request
Requests do not have to be in writing, but it will help us to process your request if you write to:
Lincolnshire Police Headquarters
PO Box 999
How long will it take?
We aim to respond to your request for information as soon as possible and within 20 working days. In exceptional cases, and in line with the regulations, we may extend this to 40 working days.
Fees and charges
We aim to provide most information free of charge, although in some cases a fee may be charged.
03 Nov 16 1:37 PM