In an emergency


Non emergency
Find your neighbourhood

Easy Read - How to make a complaint to Lincolnshire Police

How to make a complaint to Lincolnshire Police


If you are not happy with the service from Lincolnshire Police, you can complain.


About this page


The police service might be a police
officer or member of police staff.


This page tells you what to do if you or your family want to make a complaint.


It is best to complain as soon as possible


It is best to complain to the police service that your complaint is about so that they can try and make things right for you.

How to make a complaint


You can:
- go to any police station


- telephone 101


- you can fill in a complaints form on this website


- You can write a letter to: 

Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner
Lincolnshire Fire and Police Headquarters
Deepdale Lane


You can also make a complaint by:

- Contacting a solicitor or your local Member of Parliament. You can find out who your MP is at www.parliament.uk/getinvolved/contact-your-mp


- You can contact the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) and fill in an online complaint form at https://policeconduct.gov.uk


- You can also email them at enquiries@policeconduct.gov.uk
Call them on 0300 020 0096


- You can also write to them at:
Independent Office for Police
PO Box 473
M33 0BW


Please include as much information as possible in your complaint.  It should include:


- what happened


- What was done or said


- Whether there was anyone else who saw what happened and their
contact details if you have them.


- What proof exists of any damage or injuries. For example were photographs taken or advice from a doctor sought.

Related Website Pages

Related Documents & Further Reading

07 Jun 19 4:11 PM

Find your neighbourhood

Use my current location