How to make a complaint to Lincolnshire Police
If you are not happy with the service from Lincolnshire Police, you can complain.
About this page
The police service might be a police
officer or member of police staff.
This page tells you what to do if you or your family want to make a complaint.
It is best to complain as soon as possible
It is best to complain to the police service that your complaint is about so that they can try and make things right for you.
How to make a complaint
- go to any police station
- telephone 101
- you can fill in a complaints form on this website
- You can write a letter to:
Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner
Lincolnshire Fire and Police Headquarters
You can also make a complaint by:
- Contacting a solicitor or your local Member of Parliament. You can find out who your MP is at www.parliament.uk/getinvolved/contact-your-mp
- You can contact the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) and fill in an online complaint form at https://policeconduct.gov.uk
- You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call them on 0300 020 0096
- You can also write to them at:
Independent Office for Police
PO Box 473
Please include as much information as possible in your complaint. It should include:
- what happened
- What was done or said
- Whether there was anyone else who saw what happened and their
contact details if you have them.
- What proof exists of any damage or injuries. For example were photographs taken or advice from a doctor sought.
Related Website Pages
Related Documents & Further Reading
07 Jun 19 4:11 PM