In an emergency


Non emergency
Find your neighbourhood

Anti-social behaviour

What is anti-social behaviour?

Incidents of anti-social behaviour can range from something that is a mild annoyance to something that causes real fear and insecurity. It could be a one-off event or something that happens over and over again. Anti-social behaviour can have a devastating effect on peoples' lives.

Who is responsible for dealing with anti-social behaviour?

Your local council, social landlords (housing associations) and the police all have strong and effective powers to deal with anti-social behaviour problems.

If anti-social behaviour is affecting you or your family, you can expect us and your local council to treat the problem seriously, take action and then report back to you what action has been taken.

Contact your local policing team

Every neighbourhood has a local policing team, who are committed to finding out what your local problems are and helping to get them resolved. You can find your local team's details on police.uk (opens in new window).

How to report anti-social behaviour

You do not have to put up with anti-social behaviour. We, along with our partner agencies, have a range of powers available to us for dealing with anti-social behaviour.

It is important that you report instances of anti-social behaviour.

Examples of anti-social behaviour and who to report it to:

Who to contact

Police responsibilities

  • Begging
  • Dealing or taking drugs and drinking alcohol in the street
  • Gangs and youths drinking in parks
  • Harassment or intimidation
  • Hoax call to emergency services
  • Misuse of fireworks
  • Prostitution and indecent behaviour
  • Vandalism or graffiti

To report any of these, please report online or call 101.

Council responsibilities

To report any of the above to the council please select the link and you will be directed to the gov.uk website.

Nuisance neighbours

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour and you are a tenant of a social housing provider, or the person committing anti-social behaviour is a tenant of a social housing provider, you should in the first instance report any incidents of anti-social behaviour to the relevant housing provider.

You can report these issues by looking up this list of Housing Associations in Lincolnshire.

Or alternatively to your local council anti-social behaviour team, you can contact the council on the numbers at the bottom of this page.

Report it

If you are a victim of anti-social behaviour and feel there is an immediate risk then call 999 straight away.

If it is a continual issue and there is no immediate risk please call 101, or contact your local Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT).  You can find your local team's details on www.police.uk 

It can be helpful to us if you can provide dates, times, locations and descriptions of your incident.  You can use our stalking, harassment, hate crime and anti-social behaviour diary below.

Contact your local authority if your complaint is about:

  • noise nuisance
  • waste or flytipping
  • abandoned cars

Community trigger

The Community Trigger is a process in which you can request a review of the response to your anti-social behaviour complaint.  

It brings agencies such as the police, local council and housing providers together to review the investigation of your case.  It also aims to ensure that you have received an appropriate response.

The Community Trigger does not replace our own complaints procedure.  You still have the right to complain to the Local Government Ombudsman or Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) if you are unhappy about the service received from an individual officer or agency. 

How to make a request

To make a request for a Community Trigger the following criteria needs to be met:

  • An individual or community has reported the same problem three or more times in the past six months to the Council, Police or Registered Social Landlord and that those reports were made within one month of the alleged incident(s).


  • Where there is persistent anti-social behaviour, serious harm or potential for harm caused by the anti-social behaviour or concern about the adequacy of the response to anti-social behaviour.

To request a community trigger you should visit your council website and fill in the community trigger online form

Community trigger reports

Reports on how the community trigger is used in the county are below

More help and support

North Kesteven District Council
01529 414155 or 01522 699699

South Kesteven District Council
01476 406080

City of Lincoln Council
01522 873378

West Lindsey District Council
01427 676676

East Lindsey District Council

South Holland District Council
01775 761161

Boston Borough Council
01205 314318

Related Documents & Further Reading

26 Apr 21 11:28 AM

Find your neighbourhood

Use my current location