We have a set of clear internal values and behaviours which supports all our policing services.
The principles under which we police are PRIDE:
- Professionalism – showing the highest standards of occupational practice and behaviour
- Respect - showing consideration and courtesy to our community and our colleagues and respect for our Force
- Integrity - showing honesty, openness and fairness in the way we behave
- Dedication - being caring and committed to delivering excellent services
- Empathy - seeing things from another's point of view and showing understanding
High quality leadership is vital to the success and continuing improvement of the force. We expect all our managers to model their practice on our leadership charter.
Code of Ethics
We expect the highest standards of behaviour and conduct from our officers and staff. Expectations are set out in our Code of Ethics.
The Code of Ethics is a code of practice for the principles and standards of behaviour that applies to the police service in England and Wales.
It applies to everyone working for or on behalf of the police service. We have adopted the Code, integrating it with our PRIDE values and behaviours.
These expectations include:
- Acting with honesty and integrity, fairness and impartiality
- Treating members of the public and their colleagues with respect
- Not abusing their powers and authority
- Acting in a manner that does not discredit or undermine public confidence in the police service
View the Code of Ethics below
Policing with PRIDE
Related Documents & Further Reading
05 Dec 16 10:09 AM