The Tactical Armed Policing Team is a team of specialist firearms officers. They deliver planned firearms operations and provide mobile support to surveillance and TASER response.
It is regional department under the East Midlands Operational Support Service (EMOpSS). It covers the counties of Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and Northamptonshire, as well as Lincolnshire.
The TAPT are based at two hubs across the region, one in Nottinghamshire and one in Northamptonshire.
Some of their responsibilities include:
- Providing support to spontaneous armed incidents
- Conducting pre-planned armed deployments
- Conducting dynamic searches
- Providing mobile armed support to surveillance
- Providing unarmed support to surveillance operations
- Prisoner escorts
- Offering tactical rifle capacity
- Offering chemical, biological, radioactive and nuclear armed Policing capacity
- Providing armed response vehicle cover
25 Jan 17 4:24 PM