Lincolnshire Police Authority is holding its next formal meeting at Police Headquarters, Deepdale Lane, Nettleham Nr Lincoln on Friday 28th September 2012 starting at 10.30am in Conference Room C.
At each ordinary meeting of the Authority, members of the public may ask questions on any police authority business. Questions must be submitted in advance.
Mr Barry Young, Chairman of the Police Authority, said:
“The Authority remains keen to ensure that members of the public have an opportunity to raise any matters relating to Police Authority business. Providing people with the facility to ask questions at Police Authority meetings is just one way of doing this”.
“We really are eager to take questions. However they must relate to Police Authority business, rather than operational matters which are the responsibility of the Chief Constable. Individuals can submit their question by writing to the Chief Executive or speaking to him over the telephone – it’s as easy as that. We have set aside 20 minutes at each of our ordinary meetings to consider questions from the public and we hope to see a positive response”.
Questions from the public must be submitted to the Chief Executive no later than 12 noon on Wednesday 26th September 2012. The Chief Executive can be contacted by telephone on 01522 947192 or by e-mail: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
Police authorities also have a duty to:
- Appoint (and, if necessary, dismiss) chief constables and senior police officers
- Consult with local communities to find out what they want the local police to do
- Set the budget for their police force
- Set the strategic direction for policing locally and decide what the police should focus attention on locally based on their consultations with local communities
- Make sure the police force is continuing to provide an excellent service