There are many specialised and administration tasks which are undertaken by police staff. Police staff work in all police establishments. All police staff positions carry a probationary period of six months.
Staff are actively encouraged to develop their skills and there are opportunities to progress within the organisation through promotion or by competing for positions as they occur. Staff are required to participate annually in discussions with their supervisor regarding their individual performance review. This may outline opportunities for training and personal development.
G4S Strategic Partnership
In April 2012, G4S entered into a strategic partnership with Lincolnshire Police to provide a range of services including:
- Custody & ID Unit(excludes custody sergeant role)
- Force Control Room (excludes inspector role)
- Town Enquiry officers
- Crime Management Bureau
- Central Ticket Office and Collisions Unit
- Criminal Justice Unit
- Firearms Licensing (excluding manager and initially licensing officers)
- Resource Management Unit
- HR Services (excluding Occupational Health Unit)
- HR Learning & Development
- Assets and Facilities Management (including Fleet Management)
- Finance & Procurement
- Support Services
Therefore, if you would like to view the job opportunities that exist in one of these areas, please visit g4s.com/careers.
Lincolnshire Police is committed to fair treatment and providing equality of opportunity, both in the delivery of service to the community and in the employment of staff. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and particularly those from an minority ethnic background or with a disability. By inviting such applications, we are seeking to increase the diversity of the people from whom we select. However, selection of candidates for roles will be based on merit and suitability only.
How to Apply
Please find our Police Staff Application Forms below.
The Police Staff Application Form (Sections 1-6) is where you enter your personal details and where you provide supporting evidence in relation to the vacancy you have chosen. Please clearly state which job you are applying for, including the reference number.
The Eligibility and Equal Opportunities Form (Sections 7-9) is where you must check and declare that you are eligible to apply for a role within Lincolnshire Police by completing the Eligibility Checklist. This also contains a voluntary Equal Opportunities form.
You must ensure that you complete and return both documents in order to apply for one of Police Staff posts. Please send your application as an attachment, ideally in Microsoft Word, to Resourcing@lincs.pnn.police.uk.
If you prefer to handwrite your application please send to:
Resourcing and Succession Planning Team
Lincolnshire Police Headquarters
PO Box 999
- Incomplete or late application packs will not be considered.
- If you have not received notification that you have been invited to interview within 4 weeks of the vacancy closing you should assume, that whilst your interest is acknowledged, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- Please provide a valid and current email address as correspondence relating to your application will be sent by email.
- Please do not submit CV’s with your application, as these will not be considered. You may supply additional sheets of information, however, only information relevant to the questions asked on the application form will be considered.
- Please note that as an applicant for a position with Lincolnshire Police that your conduct towards our employees is assessed at all times in accordance with our Staff Charter. We expect you to show courtesy and respect towards members of staff during the recruitment process. A record will be made of any inappropriate behaviour and this could result in your application being rejected.
Current Police Staff Vacancies